OFFICIAL RESULTS: Pioneer Finishers
1 – James Tellias, PHILIPPINES (36:23:34)
2 – Jonnifer Lacanlale, PHILIPPINES (37:23:05)
3 – Mark Bryan Grey, PHILIPPINES (41:50:00)
4 – Aldean Lim, PHILIPPINES (42:20:12)
5 – Yee Chuan Teh, MALAYSIA (42:43:36)
6 – Mia Constantino, PHILIPPINES (F)(43:46:23)
7 – Joe Wacangan, PHILIPPINES (43:47:30)
8 – Wilnar Iglesia, PHILIPPINES (44:04:08)
9 – Elmar Bob Tolete, PHILIPPINES (44:04:28)
10 – Hendra Wijaya, INDONESIA (45:06:30)
11 – Ron Sulapas, PHILIPPINES (45:30:08)
12 – Meljohn Tezon, PHILIPPINES (45:53:31)
12 FINISHERS / 43 STARTERS (28%)
COUNTRIES REPRESENTED: Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia
i have a hundred miles worth length of thoughts running in my mind but let me start off by saying;
1. thank you to all the 43 participants for your support of this pioneer event. that you took on the challenge of the unknown makes me in awe of all of you. both finishers and non-finishers alike, you have my respect. i know what you went through every step of the way. it was by no means a perfect event so please accept my apologies for whatever shortcomings i had as your organizer and i will do better next time. congratulations!
2. thank you to Jovie Narcise and Kois Lapira Jr for helping me map out a truly hardcore course. your help before, during and after the event is truly appreciated. we may have made life miserable for our friends but that’s how it goes, that’s how we show our love for others. love one another. isko, for being with me from day one of the recon and your insane choice of routes, you’re the man terminator! sir jovie, thanks for the inspiration and post-race beer!
3. thank you to the volunteers for helping out and in making life a little comfortable for all. James Roldan and charise roldan and the 4×4 gang for taking on the off roads under the inclement weather and shipping our logistics and runners safely, Jingle Melanie Ku Marquez for the designs of maps, medals, buckles, tarps and everything else, Tom Baniwas, Moots Quipse and Joyce Carreon Llanda for your ugo duties, Aga Dulinand Jeffrey Abenina for braving the pulag weather and guiding all to safety, Trace Abella-Pineda for being the babadak terminator, Nick Pskn and Carmeli Ortega for your dayap terminator duties.
4. thank you to mayor John Balasya, the LGU and wonderful people of kayapa, the teachers and kagawads of banao, cabayo, napo/tuyak, babadak, amelong labeng. our head marshals alex basilang and wilfredo and sweepers in kayapa proper, domolpos and bundao. thank you for sheltering the runners in the warm comforts of your homes as well and for staying up for almost 48 hours.
5. thank you to our home stay hosts in kayapa central for making our rests comfortable and cooking good food.
6. thank you all my friends who sent their best wishes and prayers. and to those who followed our updates religiously.
7. thank you to our sponsors for believing in the event. rdm marketing and general merchandise, energizer, psi, smart, soleus, headware, caribee, brooks, cep compression wear, polar, gu, lily’s peanut butter, c2 tea, refresh, red dragon, coco fresh, cobra energy drink, total motorparts, baguio palace hotel, baguio countrymart, ed yonzon, karlene sebastian, A-Z Marketing, engr. and dr. briones, grace ruperto, and lester chuayap for the kotm patches.
8. and most of all, thank you LORD for keeping everyone safe all throughout.
guys, i can never thank you all enough but then again, please accept my most sincere gratitude for making H1 happen.
the H in H1 has taken on many new meanings-hypothermia(for those who felt real cold), hardheaded(for those who will repeat).
from gunstart up and all throughout the course, the event was marked by strong rains and winds and low temperatures which only added to the challenge, as if the terrain wasn’t enough.
i have never doubted the resilience, strength and courage of the runners. you are made of stuff unknown, you are truly hardcores!
and as i closed the curtains on this event, i hope that you all rest and recover well and are back home in the embrace of your loved ones.
i am truly humbled by your support.
i feel your love.
at your ultra trail service,
jonel (worried sick and nervous from gunstart to finish and vowing never to conduct this again, but seeing the weary but happy faces and hearing all the stories, well, see you in the 2014 H1 then)
race director, www.kotmtrailrun.com